July 13, 2012
BOOKS by Peter Brukner
- Inge K, PD Brukner: Food for Sport Renee Gordon, 1986. Reprinted 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991. 1993, 1994
- Brukner PD, K Khan: Clinical Sports Medicine McGraw Hill, Sydney 1993. Reprinted 1993, 1993, 1994, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Brukner PD, Bennell K, Matheson GO: Stress Fractures Blackwells Scientific, Melbourne, 1999
- Brukner PD and K Khan: Clinical Sports Medicine 2nd edition McGraw Hill, Sydney 2001. Reprinted 2001.
Revised edition 2002.Reprinted 2003, 2004, 2005
Sports Medicine Book of the Year 2002
- Kron J, Brukner PD, Khan K. The Encyclopedia of Exercise and Sport Health, Allen and Unwin, St Leonards, 2004
- Higgins R, Brukner PD, English B. Essential Sports Medicine, Blackwells, London 2005
- Brukner PD and K Khan: Clinical Sports Medicine 3rd edition McGraw Hill, Sydney 2007. Revised edition 2009. Japanese edition 2009. Polish edition 2010
Sports Medicine Book of the Year 2007
- Franklyn-Miller A, Falvey A, McCrory P, Brukner PD. Clinical Sports Anatomy. McGraw Hill, Sydney 2010
- Brukner PD and K Khan: Brukner and Khan’s Clinical Sports Medicine 4th edition McGraw Hill, Sydney 2012
10. Brukner PDand K Khan: Brukner and Khan’s Clinical Sports Medicine 5th edition Volume 1: Injuries McGraw Hill, Sydney 2017
11. Brukner P. A Fat Lot of Good. Penguin Random House, Melbourne, May 2018
CLINICAL SPORTS MEDICINE
Here they all are …
BMA BOOK OF THE YEAR 2012
Recently I was fortunate to attend the BMA Book of the Year award held in London.
The fourth edition of our book Brukner and Khan’s Clinical Sports Medicine had been nominated in the Medicine category which seemd to be a category for books that did not fit into any other category!! The finalists were
- Book of the year finalists in Medicine category
Unfortunately we were not the winner, but it was an honour to be in such esteemed comoany. We received a Highly Commended certificate.
The overall winner was Essential Immunology by Ivan Roitt which was a textbook I used as a medical student many, many years ago. Was great to see the author himelf (aged 85 and going strong) accept the award.
Thank you once again to all our fabulous contributors and to McGraw Hill. It was great to have Darren Beer from MGH and Dr Michael Turner, one of our valued friends and contributors, at the event.